Perspective LGRC junior athletes, if you are starting your first year of rowing in high school, no matter what grade you are entering, you will join either the Novice Men’s or Women’s squad. These squads do not require you to try-out or have any rowing experience. Everyone is welcome and the program is open enrollment.
• Registration, Payment, and all forms are due by January 8, 2018
• The Program Fee for the Spring Season is $2925.
10 Day Trial- $300 (non refundable, to be applied to your Spring Fee if you choose to continue).
LGRC will be offering a 10 Day Trial for Perspective Novice Men and Women from January 8- January 20, 2018. You will practice with the novice team, meet your teammates and coaches, and have two weeks to decide if the sport is for you. You still need to complete the required registration process to participate in practices, whether you are on the Two Week Trial or have signed up for the regular season. The cost for the 10 Day Trial is $300 and is non-refundable. If you choose to continue with the regular Novice program once the trial is over, the $300 fee will be applied to the regular cost of the program and you will need to pay the difference of prior to the start of practice Monday, January 22, 2018.
To join the Novice squad you need to complete the following 5 steps:
1. Create a user profile by becoming a member of LGRC. This is free and allows you to enter your contact information and emergency information on our website.
2. Join USRowing (approx. $10). USRowing is our governing body and they require that each of our members joins their organization as a basic member. This is for insurance purposes.
3. Join the Novice 10 Day Trial Week Trial. To do this, sign in on our website under the athlete’s user profile and register them for the specific program.
4. Complete the required Medical Documents including the Physical Exam Form.
5. Have a Functional Movement Screen, performed by an LGRC Junior Coach.
Below you will find more information on the above steps.
1. To create a user profile and Join LGRC, click on the following button: Become an LGRC Member Here
Membership type is JUNIOR ROWER
The member is the ATHLETE, not the Parent! Follow the steps and enter the required information. Make sure the info is correct or else we may have difficulty contacting you if needed.
2. Join US Rowing- Click on the following button and use the info below:
The Club Code is GHZ7U (case sensitive)
The member is the ATHLETE, not the Parent!
The cost of membership is approx. $10.
3. Join the Novice 10 Day Trial by signing into the website under the junior athletes profile. Click on the appropriate button below (When you come to the Payment page, click on the Paypal option, from here you can use either Paypal or a credit card for payment):
Spring Novice Trial Registration - 1/8/2018
4. Complete the attached Required Medical Forms and turn them in by January 8, 2018. The Medical Forms can be found by clicking on the following button:
LGRC Medical Forms V2
5. Functional Movement Screen (FMS)- LGRC will be offering the FMS on the first week of practice in January at the LGRC boathouse on Lexington Reservoir. All LGRC High School athletes are required to have a FMS. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org