Novice Squad Registration 2017
Perspective LGRC junior athletes, if you are starting your first year of rowing in high school, no matter what grade you are entering, you will join either the Novice Men’s or Women’s squad. These squads do not require you to try-out or have any rowing experience. Everyone is welcome and the program is open enrollment.
• Registration, Payment, and all forms are due by Friday, September 1, 2017
• The Program Fee for the season is $4,500. That amount is divided into two equal payments of $2,250 on or before September 1, 2017 and January 4, 2018.
10 Day Trial - $300
LGRC will be offering a 10 Day Trial for Perspective Novice Men and Women that is from September 6- September 16. You will practice with the novice team, meet your teammates and coaches, and have two weeks to decide if the sport is for you. You still need to complete the required registration process to participate in practices, whether you are on the 10 trial or have signed up for the regular season. The cost for the 10 trial is $300 and is non fundable. If you choose to continue with the regular Novice program once the trial is over, the $300 fee will be applied to the regular cost of the program and you will need to pay the difference of $1950 prior to the start of practice Monday, September 18, 2017.
To join the Novice squad you need to complete the following 5 steps:
1. Create a user profile by becoming a member of LGRC. This is free and allows you to enter your contact information and emergency information on our website.
2. Join USRowing ($7.75). USRowing is our governing body and they require that each of our members joins their organization as a basic member. This is for insurance purposes.
3. Join the Novice Men’s or Women’s 10 Day Trial, or the Novice Men’s and Women’s Program. To do this, sign in on our website under the athlete’s user profile and register them for the specific program.
4. Complete the required Medical Documents including the Physical Exam Form.
5. Have a Functional Movement Screen, performed by an LGRC Junior Coach.
Below you will find more information on the above steps.
1. To create a user profile and Join LGRC, click on the following button: Become an LGRC Member Here
Membership type is JUNIOR ROWER
The member is the ATHLETE, not the Parent! Follow the steps and enter the required information. Make sure the info is correct or else we may have difficulty contacting you if needed.
2. Join US Rowing- Click on the following button and use the info below:
The Club Code is GHZ7U (case sensitive)
The member is the ATHLETE, not the Parent!
The cost of membership is $7.75.
3. Join the Novice Squad by signing into the website under the junior athletes profile. Click on the appropriate button below:
10 Day Trial Registration
Novice Men's Trial Registration - 2017 - 2018 Novice Men's Trial Registration - 9/6/2017
Novice Women’s Trial Registration - 2017 - 2018 Novice Women's Trial Registration - 9/6/2017
Regular Program Registration:
Novice Men's Registration - 2017 - 2018 Novice Men's Registration - 9/6/2017
Novice Women’s Registration - 2017 - 2018 Novice Women's Registration - 9/6/2017
4. Complete the attached Required Medical Forms and turn them in by September 1, 2017. The Medical Forms can be found by clicking on the following button:
LGRC Medical Forms V2
5. Functional Movement Screen (FMS)- LGRC will be offering the FMS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 at the LGRC boathouse on Lexington Reservoir. All LGRC High School athletes are required to have a FMS prior to the start of the junior season. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org