2017 Junior Registration Details
The fee for the 2017 - 2018 is $4,500 payable in two installments of $2,250 on August 31, 2017, and January 4, 2018.
To Register for the Novice Program, please click on the following:
Novice Registration 2017
LGRC offers at 10 Day Trial for Novice Athletes starting on September 6, 2017. The cost of the trial is $300 and is non refundable. Info can be found on the Novice Registration page.
To Register for the Varsity Program, please click on the following:
Varsity Registration- 2017
- Fees cover coaching, regatta fees, and travel costs for away regattas (except for "select" regattas - see below), and the end-of-season Junior Banquet.
- All forms must be submitted and fees paid prior to participation in program.
- All payments are nonrefundable after midnight on September 20, 2017. (Please see the Refund Policy for details and deadlines.)
- Cancellation requests received between September 6th and September 20, 2017 are subject to a $300 fee to cover coaching costs and a processing fee.
Potential Costs not included in program fees
- Heart Rate Monitor $47.50 – Required for all Varsity Athletes
- Novice fall uniform ~$60
- Spring Racing Uniform - $130
- Spiritwear (optional)
- Team Dinners (Optional)
Varsity athletes (occasionally select novices) may be selected to attend training trips and regattas that are not included in the regular rowing program fees. Participation in these events is conditional and requires payment of the additional costs in advance. Examples include:
- Select Regatta Travel:
- Head of the Charles Regatta - estimate $1250
- San Diego Crew Classic - estimate $850
- Rose City Invitational - estimate $650
Total Additional Costs for a select rower - estimate $2,750
Other requirements for Novice and Varsity Team membership:
- Successful completion of a $450 fundraising requirement during the Annual Capital Campaign (October 2017). See Fundraising Page: Junior Fundraising Requirement
- Required Parent Volunteer Hours: The Junior Program is heavily reliant on the support of our parent volunteers. Each Family is required to volunteer 10 hours per junior athlete. More information can be found at: Buyout for Junior Parent Volunteer Hours
Scholarship Application and Information (Deadline August 23, 2017):
A limited number of need-based scholarships are made available to qualified athletes each season. More information can be found on the Scholarship page: Scholarship Policy and Application
Discount for Multiple Athlete Policy:
Families with two or more junior or adult members participating LGRC youth programs may receive up to a 10% discount. Details about the Multiple Athlete Discount can be found at:Discount for Multiple Athletes